Wednesday, December 15, 2010

lauren: the domestic

last night, after a grocery shopping trip with diane (thank you, diane!) and lindsey, i cooked up a goat cheese and leek pizza. i know, i know: it sounds fancy. but y'all - i'm obsessed with this stuff. the crust is puff pastry, which is flaky and biscuity. the leeks are sauteed and taste veggie-licious and just the right amount of oniony. the goat cheese melts into all the nooks and crannies and is creamy goodness. and well, i just LOVE tomatoes.


the fam were good sports and all tried it out. they are not a fan of onions OR goat cheese, so, in turn, they were not huge fans of my creation. that's ok, though, i am hoping they will like the soup i'm making later on this week (probably tomorrow night).


there was enough left for me to bring a piece for lunch today, and i plan to have a piece for dinner tonight. my mouth is WATERING at the thought of it. i could get used to this whole cooking thing.

does this dish look familiar? you may have read about it here.

5 comments:

Jenna Bridge said...

oohhh!!! (You might have to let me in on how you get such cute fonts and stuff!) I just started a blog... so I need inspiration from my girls like you, jenny, and anna! :) p.s. i kind of love being domestic like that! yummy!

Natalie said...

This sounds DELICIOUS! And so gourmet. May have to try it out! :)

kirstyb said...

yummy x

Stefany said...

Oh wow, looks delicious!! xx

Zsara said...

oh man that looks so good!
i'm a huge fan of both goats cheese and onions - feel free to cook for me sometime!! ;) xxxZ