Wednesday, September 1, 2010

hair color controversy

i suppose with my impending hair appointment (today), there will simply be no more ignoring the elephant in the room, which is my constantly-changing hair color.

don't ask me why, because i don't know: there is just something about a) cracking open a bottle of do-it-yourself hair dye, or b) sitting in the chair while cathy (my long-time hairdresser) foils my hair up.

here is a brief timeline of my fabulous (and not-so-fabulous) coif couleurs:


wow. my hair hurts just looking at all the damage i've done to it over the years (especially in the 2006-2007 stretch).

i've heard mixed reviews, because, believe me, i've asked my family and friends time and time again which way they like it best. some swear by the dark, some swear by the light, some swear by the mysterious in-between [and feel free to leave your 2 cents in the comments]. but right now, i am feeling the april 2008 look, which is simple blonde highlights, built up over time (and maintained professionally).

we'll save the ever-changing makeup - and weight loss/gain - for another post.

off to the hairdresser i go!

4 comments:

Colton said...

Not to sound gay... and I did just kinda run into this post at work... but I think we have all heard of the term "Blonde Bomb-shell" and I'm pretty sure that's what you'd be going for. So in short this is my official approval of May 2008 ;)

Jenny Moreau said...

...yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Colton on the blonde hair!! I have always been a fan of the lighter shade {this you know}.

Wish I could go there with you, but I'm thinking I'll be sticking to the dark tones for awhile.

Meagan Shack said...

I love the blonde but my favorite is the Oct 2009 look. I'm a little late putting my 2 cents in though lol.

daci jaye said...

I like April 08!